Friday, December 01, 2006

Gomutcho

My work held their year-end function at the Houw Hoek Inn in the Elgin Valley past Grabouw.

My wife was teaching, so I drove to this brunch with my motorbike. I over-estimated how long it would take me to get there and I found myself there 40 minutes before the function was scheduled to start.

So I stopped at the Houw Hoek Farm Stall and discovered this. It somehow made me think of my Gomoto. The writing on the edges of the wrapper seems to indicate that the product comes from Russia. But a search of the Internet seems to point to its origins in Brazil.


I bought this packet of sweets for about R2.75.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you didn't share :'(

Anonymous said...

Kiesha says....
I have also just discovered them; they really are great; although I must tell you I purchase them for R1.90 each and the other flavours for R1.00 each from a Muslim sweet seller in Plumstead. (pay less get more)