Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Dream (1)

I can picture it vividly in my mind's eye.

A small two-man tent pitched in a quiet forgotten campsite in the foothills of one of South Africa's mountain ranges. A small, but lively fire burning in a braai area. Not a soul in sight. Just me, a can of bully beef stewing in a dixi-pan, and my Gomoto parked next to me.

Solitude. Peace.

Away from tortured thoughts and worries about my future. Away from agonising urges to indulge in yet another addiction (eating cheese from the fridge, checking e-mail for the 345th time in the day). At peace
with the myself, with the universe, for a moment.

That is one of the major themes that I will building this blog around. I plan to share the peaceful serene moments that I envision and experience as I travel through South Africa with my small 125cc motorbike.

I'd like to tell you how I plan for it, and the experiences that I have
as I do it.

It is my journey and I hope you will enjoy it.


No comments: